This is my version of the steak sandwich. Good bread, onion rings, a great sauce and steak - delicious
Rated 5.0 stars by 2 users, click here to rate this recipe.
This is my version of the steak sandwich. Good bread, onion rings, a great sauce and steak - delicious!
- Focaccia bread (I have a recipe on my page)
- Steak (I used ribeye)
- Rocket (handful)
- Onion rings
- 1 large brown onion, sliced into 1cm rings
- Pinch salt
- 100g besan flour
- 100ml water
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Small handful almonds
- Salt to taste
Grill your steak to the temp you like and let it rest before slicing
- On fresh bread (I don’t bother toasting it) if it’s a day old then toast it
- Lay on some romesco to both slices
- Next add the sliced beef, rocket and onion rings
- Top it and enjoy!
To make the batter, simply whisk the water into the besan flour. You may need to adjust the water quantity slightly, but what you are looking for is a batter for the consistency of pouring cream.
- Place a pot with oil on a med-high heat and bring to 180°c
- Dust the rings in flour and then into the batter
- Carefully lower the onion rings into the hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown
- Remove from the oil onto a paper towel and season immediately with salt
Rub your capsicum with oil and place in a 200°c oven for 15-20 minutes or until the skin starts to bubble up and char.
- Place the capsicum into a bowl and put a lid on it. Set it aside to steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the capsicum and blend it with the rest of the ingredients above.