The hero at the Christmas lunch - a honey and mustard glazed ham
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users, click here to rate this recipe.
The hero at the Christmas lunch - a maple and mustard glazed ham
- 1 leg ham
- 30 whole cloves
- 100g butter
- 80g brown sugar
- 50g Dijon mustard
- 60g maple syrup
Add butter, brown sugar, dijon mustard and maple syrup to a pot.
- Place on medium heat and bring that to a boil. Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes and then take it off the heat.
- Remove the skin from the ham.
- Score in a diamond pattern with scores about 3cm apart.
- Brush on one layer of glaze and then place a clove into the centre of each diamond.
- Place into a 160°c oven for 1.5 hours. After the first 20 minutes, start brushing with the glaze and repeat every 20 minutes until the glaze is finished.
- Once the ham has been in the oven for 1.5 hours, take it out and let it cool slightly before serving.