This dish takes Katelyn back to her childhood. Golden syrup dumplings are so moreish. They are dense little clouds of deliciousness and are best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Rated 3.3 stars by 15 users, click here to rate this recipe.
This dish takes Katelyn back to her childhood. Golden syrup dumplings are so moreish. They are dense little clouds soaked in golden syrup and are best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 225g self raising flour
- 80g golden syrup
- 180ml milk
- 150g brown sugar
- 400ml water
- ice cream to serve
In a bowl add 50g of butter, the flour and 30g of golden syrup.
- Using your fingers rub the butter into the flour.
- Add the milk and mix until you have a smooth(ish) batter, don't over mix it though.
- In a medium saucepan add the water, brown sugar and the rest of the butter and golden syrup and bring to a simmer.
- Using 2 spoons, spoon in golf ball size pieces of the batter until the pan is full.
- Cook them for 5 minutes then flip them and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and onto a plate. During the cooking, the sauce should have reduced and thinned, if not let it reduce some more.
- Serve the sauce on top of the dumplings with ice cream.