It doesn’t get more indulgent than this. Chocolate cake with a rich gooey
Rated 3.7 stars by 20 users, click here to rate this recipe.
It doesn’t get more indulgent than this. Chocolate cake with a rich gooey centre!
- 120g unsalted butter
- 10g butter for greasing
- 180g chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 40g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp flour
Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water
- Grease 6 ramekins with butter
- In a second bowl, whisk together the sugar, 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks
- Fold through the flour in the egg mixture
- Mix the melted butter and chocolate and then fold that through the egg mixture as well
- Pour the batter into the greased ramekins
- Bake in a 220°c oven for 7 minutes, then remove and let rest for a couple of minutes before turning out
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, dust with icing sugar and enjoy!